Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jackson Hole: Wrapping Up

I know that I have already written about our Jackson Hole Summer Project, what we did, what we taught, and what we learned, but I wanted to take the opportunity to share what our students wrote about the summer project and how God used those 4 weeks in their lives.

At the end of project, we asked students to evaluate the summer project as a whole and evaluate their own lives and how God had changed them over the past 4 weeks. Here are just a few of their words describing how they grew:

"God taught me that being a Christian is not about works, but about the relationship with him. I truly learned why Jesus died on the cross for our sins."


 "I grew in my walk with the Lord in so many ways. I have grown in my desire to study the Bible and pray consistently, build a community, and grasp unconditional love."


"God is asking me to leave all idols and things behind so that I can fully depend on him."


"I really grew in my understanding of the gospel. I learned what it really means to trust in the Lord and walk with him."


"I matured in my faith, gained a deeper understanding of the depth of the gospel and how it applies to situations in my life."


"I grew in understanding how much the Lord loves me despite me."


Praise the Lord again for choosing to use us and this years summer project to draw students closer to Him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment