Thursday, January 9, 2014

Months 0-3



I had all of these wonderful ideas about doing monthly posts, but wouldn't you know, being a new parent is a little bit busy. I just have to laugh at myself now thinking back to all of the things I said I was going to do as soon as Levi arrived!









I cannot believe how fast time is flying and how big Levi already is! Although there have been several moments (normally at 5 in the morning) where it has seemed like time is creeping by, in reality, it feels like he just came home from the hospital yesterday. The days are long, but the years are short; and I'm trying to treasure every second (even the really hard ones).









The last time I posted, Levi was battling a pretty severe case of jaundice and was on an at home phototherapy treatment called a biliblanket. Thankfully, by the time he was 3 weeks old he was off the blanket and doing much, much better! At his 2 month check up, we were told that he has pretty bad acid reflux/ heartburn as well, which is very common in little babies and easily fixed with some medicine! Other than that, he is a very healthy and very active little baby!

It has been absolutely incredible getting to see him grow and change by the day. With each week, we are getting to see more and more glimpses of his personality as well as his likes and dislikes. He LOVES music. "Piano lullabies" on Pandora has been a lifesaver. I get weird looks in the grocery store all the time because I play him music as we shop (hey- whatever works, right?) He also loves watching the dogs, which is good because the dogs have not learned boundaries yet; they have sat on Levi on more than one occasion. But Levi hasn't learned boundaries yet either, since I look over at least once a day and he has some of Packer's hair clenched in his hand. Luckily he cannot lift Packer into his mouth because that is where everything else he grabs a hold of goes!








In addition to chewing on everything he can get his hands on, Levi loves standing and "jumping". If my arms could spot him the whole time he would stand all day long. He loves it. I'm really hoping that doesn't mean he will be one of those babies that goes straight to walking. Thankfully, Uncle Josh and Aunt Stephanie got him a doorway jumper for Christmas so my arms can have a break!



Levi is also the biggest flirt I have ever seen in a baby. Which is a good thing because he has a lot of Southern Miss girls to impress. Over the holidays, Levi had been pretty sick for almost a week and MISERABLE. He cried almost all day long for several days until we finally took him into a clinic up in Wisconsin. Wouldn't you know it, the moment the FEMALE physician walked in he was all smiles and giggles the whole time she examined him. I guess being sick is less important than entertaining the ladies.





And you can't pick up the ladies without talking! His sweet little voice "talks" all. day. long. and he loves when we talk back. A couple of nights ago, after Mitch got home, Levi sat on his chest and "talked" to Mitch for over ten minutes while Mitch just smiled and nodded (and laughed). I like to think he is just telling Mitch about his day.


These first three months have been full of firsts: first Auburn football game, first 18 hour road trip to Wisconsin, first Christmas, first laugh, first Cru meeting, first snow; and the less glamourous first fever, first cold, and his first vaccinations (yes, I chose to vaccinate Levi and I am thankful I live in a country where I can) We are so thankful for every single first and we cannot wait for the ones to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment